Saturday, February 5, 2011

What I Knew About The Hunger Games

Have you guys heard of that series? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins?

Of course you have. I'm the only known, self-proclaimed book lover who had not read the books. Well, until last week :)

I finally picked up The Hunger Games at the library a few weeks ago, after I saw post after post of great reviews for Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games). Before actually reading the book, the most I knew about it came from this video by Hank Green:



Yes,  I was totally blown away by the book. I couldn't put it down--I had to know what happened at the end. I had to where it was going. Would there really only be one winner in the Hunger Games? What would happen to Katniss? And Peeta?

Sadly, the library's copy of Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) was checked out, so I'm still waiting to learn what happens in the second and third books.

What did you guys think of The Hunger Games? Great series? Was it just okay? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad it took me forever to read The Hunger Games as well, and even though I have both of the sequels in my TBR pile, it's taking me forever to read those too! Anyhow, I love The Hunger Games, and I really do think it deserves all the hype it gets.

    ReplyDelete