Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Coming out on February 15, 2011
(just one more week!)

From Goodreads:
In this deft historical novel, Madame Tussaud (1761-1850) escapes the pages of trivia quizzes to become a real person far more arresting than even her waxwork sculptures. Who among us knew, for instance, that she moved freely through the royal court of Louis XVI, only to become a prisoner of the Reign of Terror? Her head was shaven for guillotining, but she escaped execution, though she was forced to make death masks for prominent victims. Novelist Michelle Moran covers this breathtaking period without losing the thread of its subject's singular story.

I'm so excited about this book. I love France, and this time period fascinates me. Ever since I read Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly I've been looking for a great book about the French Revolution and think that this will be it!

What book are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment