Thursday, February 3, 2011

currently reading: Wish

I'd recently downloaded the Kindle application for a Mac (in hopes within the next year I will be owning a Kindle), and I'm trying to take advantage of books that are costing nada dollars at the moment.

Wish, by Alexandra Bullen, was one of those novels. I'm only a few chapters in--mostly because when I sit at the computer I can find a million other things to do. But I do have plans for finishing this book in the next month or so.

I've seen mixed reviews on this title, but I've heard only good things about the companion novel, Wishful Thinking, so I'll be trying to finish Wish so I can get my hands on the second.

For those of you without e-readers, have you tried using Amazon's apps for your computers? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. Wish was good just not what I expected. More serious than magical. But you can't beat free - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very fond of e-readers, even though I appreciate their practicality. I think I would miss the feel of a real book with real pages too much to ever use one, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete