Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


"I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you. You are my sympathy–my better self–my good angel–I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you–and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one." 
-Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre)

"I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ First single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That’s what everyone wants. Not 24-7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche or a blow job or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have a feeling that they can’t hide."

"I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years of without you-then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest... Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well."

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
-Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss)


No comments:

Post a Comment