Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten I Just Had to Buy--But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
(Thanks to Lindsi from Books, Sweets And Other Treats for the new button!)

So my list for the Top Ten Tuesday is... no list. I glanced over my bookshelf and found that aside from a few classics I've collected over the years and haven't got around to reading and my growing pile of new releases that I've been working on, I rarely buy a book I won't read within two weeks. 

For a few reasons.

Books are expensive and as much as I would love to buy every book I wanted, it's not reasonable. So with my book money I do have I try very carefully to make it go to books I really want and will read soon.

Reason two? I have an awesome public library who keeps up with most new releases and do a great job of buy most of the items that I request.

Reason three? Since I joined the blogging community two months ago I have a great source of reviews and opinions to help me decided on what books to buy. With the exception of one book, I haven't read that many duds lately :)

4 comments:

  1. I am very impressed and kind of jealous that you don't have a TBR pile. I am starting to be more careful about what I pick and more budget savy as my stack is too high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you are so well behaved hehe! I like my local library too, but I still have a charity shop addiction that means I have waaay too many books!

    You can check out my list if you like and tell me which ones I should read imminently :) http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my library too! I wouldn't be able to read as many great things without them!

    ReplyDelete