Monday, March 21, 2011

Review: Catching Fire and Mockingjay

The Hunger GamesCatching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

Sometimes, when a book is talked about over and over... it puts me off. Such is the case for Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I read The Hunger Games, enjoyed it, but just couldn't work up the enthusium to read the second and third book. I pushed them aside, thinking I would read them when I had finished the books I had.

Enter my lovely best friend, who threatened to tell me the ending if I didn't read them so we could discuss them. 

So Catching Fire and Mockingjay flew to the top of my pile. I read them and upon putting Mockingjay down I had one immediate thought:

What the hell just happened?

I was floored. Collins had spun a web that had be second guessing everything I thought would the books would be about. I watched the main character battle with her every emotion, trying to find herself in this twisted world she lived in. I watched a love triangle sway back and forth, while desperately hoping my guy would be the right guy. I watched the past creep up and not let itself be forgotten. 

I watched a beautiful, tragic story end when all I wanted to do was go back and change everything.

If you haven't read The Hunger Games trilogy, you should pick it up soon. I promise you will enjoy them. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the Hunger Games series! I only hope that the movie can live up to the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love the series. You can't deny how wonderful the writing, the mystery, the story is. I do, however, wish somethings at the end could of been different. The guy I wanted ended up with Katniss, but it still wasn't as happy of an ending as I wanted.

    ReplyDelete