Thursday, May 19, 2011

Quick Reviews: Bumped and Wither

Do you ever feel like you've read a million reviews on the same book? I know I felt that way when Wither came out--by the end of the week I could tell you the first few lines of the summary from memory. Sometimes I just feel like I have nothing new to say about certain books because most of what I want to say is already out there. So instead I going to do a quick review on why you might want to read it call it good :)

First up, Bumped by Megan McCafferty and Wither Lauren DeStefano!


 Why you should read this book:
  • Great satire
  • Crazy lingo
  • Interesting concept
Lingo was one of my favorite parts, and the satire of our need to chronicle and report our every move with social media is spot on. The concept was new and unique. 
 Why you should read this book:

  • Great writing
  • Discusses human need to be perfect and what could be the eventual outcome of that process
  • Despair/Hope
Absolutely lovely writing, quite poetic. Takes the "I-need-to-be-perfect" topic to a whole new level. The competing emotions of hope and despair are beautiful

1 comment:

  1. I've heard Bumped wasn't very good and I'm still not sure if I want to read it... Blah. I loved Wither though! (totally know what you mean about nothing being left to say about a book that's recently been reviewed by everybody and their mom!)

    ReplyDelete