Monday, May 30, 2011

Award Winning Reads Challenge: Starting Post


This is a great challenge hosted by The Reading Housewives and Books from Bleh to Bascially Amazing. The goal is read 3 to 12 books that have won a Printz or Newbery Award or Honor. I've decided to read 12, 6 being books I've read before and 6 being ones I haven't, 6 being Newbery, 6 being Printz.

(Except I didn't read the rules right, and I'm only allow to reread 4. But I'm just going to add two I haven't read to make it even, because I'm pretty pumped about these rereads ;) )

So, here's my list!

6 Newbery Awards
  • Rereads
    • Thimble Summer by Elizabeth Enright
    • Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
    • The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  • New reads
    • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
    • The Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin
    • The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo 
    • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
6 Printz Awards

  • Rereads
    • An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
    • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
    • Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
  • New reads
    • A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
    • Going Bovine by Libba Bray
    • Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
    • Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I think that this is going to be a great challenge. I can't wait to dive back into some of my old favorites, such as The Witch of Blackbird Pond and Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, and I've been eying A Northern Light and Going Bovine for ages. I'll probably do some short recaps when I finish two or three of them. 

Go check out Ashley or Jacinda's blog for more info on how to sign up and the awesome prizes they are giving out :)


1 comment:

  1. You've got a seriously awesome list there! (I hate to point this out) but to meet the 'official rules' you can only have one reread per level. So, since you are at level 4, you can reread 4. :( Sorry!

    (Might I suggest including Jellicoe Road? It's one of my very most favorites! :) )

    ReplyDelete