I really enjoy the week stretch between Christmas and New Years. The stress of the holiday is gone, but the spirit of the holiday isn't. It's a great time to think and relax and wait for that second three day weekend.
It's also a time to reflect on the last year and prepare for the new one. I'm a big fan of making resolutions and goals for the next year. Not really keeping them, though :) I'm pretty bad about that. But some goals that I do plan on making AND keeping this year include:
1. Taking more pictures. I think I might join some link parties throughout the year to keep me snapping pictures.
2. Learn more about knitting. I really enjoy this hobby, even though I'm not very good. I love looking at the different designs and I love having that finish project in my hands. I've signed up for a knitting class at my local yarn store. I can't wait.
3. Couch to 5K. I tried starting this in the middle of summer this past year. Bad idea. But I have some new motivation this time, some mp3s by Robert Ullrey and some new workout clothes. I'm ready to get this started.
I also really want one of these Road I.D. bands. Not sure why, but when I finish this program, I'm buying one.
4. Organize my house. Ugh. Help. Please.
5. Spend some more time doing things that my husband likes. Like working on the car or going to the shooting range.
6. Cooking. I've just started to enjoy this. I really need to step it up in the kitchen this year.
Just a few things that I am going to keep in mind in 2011, also know was the year of the rabbit :)